Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chi chi chi, le le le Colo Colo de Chile!

Hi,

yesterday started as one of those very boring days, with a lot of work to be done. At Nokia we were invited to a farewell lunch, since it would be our last day as Nokians. Lunch was fine, with no surprises. Then we decided to continue the farewell party in a pub close to the office. This is where the big surprise began.

I got there later, because I had some work to finish, and for my surprise the pub where we always go, and is always empty, was full of men. Uau! Then I realized there was a soccer game going on: Colo Colo x Caracas, Copa Libertadores.

Everything was normal, people were behaving as normal polited chileans, with no big noise nor any dirty word. Until the first Colo Colo goal came. For my surprise, they started jumping and screaming like crazy! I have to say I wasn't expecting this reaction from the very polited and shy chileans.

The explosion of passion came when Colo Colo hit again, in the very last minute of the game (the clock was showing 93:xx). They shouted, singed, huged each other, just like any normal Brazilian whatching a soccer game. I felt home for the first time here, and adopted Colo Colo as my prefered team in Chile :)

Now I started liking this place more, seeing that the traditional, extremely polited chilean people can also show some passion, even if triggered by a soccer game. It means something is there, we just have to dig it out ;)

No comments: